About Me

My photo
My name is Jeffrey Louis Martinez. Also known as The Buddha Bro! Would you like 2024 to be the year in which you FINALLY started the journey towards ascending into your true Super Heroic Higher Self? Transforming all your Pain Points into your Super Powers! Then creating a new Super Heroic Mindset in which you are being of loving service to yourself and all others! Then please check out The New Age Nerd! It's a daily offering of support, inspiration, and lessons ‘learned along the way.' All mixed together with the perfect geeky dose of ‘MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC' from our favorite pop cultural passions! With the intention of stepping firmly into our own personal Superhero's Journey, and in the process assisting one another in igniting the Divine BLISS within. So that we may live a life that leaves a lasting Legacy!........ Please keep anything that resonates, and let the rest GO! The Love Light will always be on... Nerdmaste, Jeffrey Louis Martinez

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

SUPER HERO Of The WEEK: Meet KECHI ONWUCHI..!







Back in December of 2005, Sosoliso Airlines flight 1145, headed from Abuja to Port Harcourt, South Africa, crashed upon landing and killed 107 of the 109 passengers on board.  One of the two survivors is named Kechi Onwuchi.  The Nigerian-American was just 16 years young at the time of the horrific accident.  In what is no thing less than a Miracle of Cosmic proportions, Kechi was severely burned on over 65% of her body and lost part of her vision.  Her doctors gave her less than a 30% chance of survival.  But Kechi is a more than just a "survivor."  She is the definition of a SUPER HERO!

Out of the 60 students that were on board the doomed disaster, she was the lone survivor.  She describes the horrifying ordeal like this:

Fifteen minutes to the end of the flight, the pilot announced that we were soon to land at the Port Harcourt airport. I remember I was sitting in an aisle seat, and my close friend Toke was on the aisle seat to my right. The ensuing turbulence was getting very frequent, but I didn’t think too much of it until someone from the back shouted ‘Is this plane trying to land?’ I couldn’t see out the window from my seat, but now I think about it that was probably for the best. Everything was so surreal in that moment. I turned to Toke, and we held hands, and I was like ‘Maybe we should pray?’ Before we could even start, there was this sudden shrill sound ringing in my ears, and next thing I knew, I was waking up in Milpark Hospital, South Africa. To this day I don’t remember the actual impact of the crash.

In 2007, Kechi and her family moved to Texas so she could receive treatment at Shriner's Hospital for Children.  She had to endure over 100 surgeries to manage the extreme trauma her body had been exposed to.  Over 100 surgeries!  Unfathomable, isn't it?  "I lost muscle mass and surface skin on my legs, arms, head, and upper body," she told Health magazine.  "Doctors harvested skin from my torso for skin grafts, so I wouldn't be prone to infections and sepsis."  She was in a medically induced coma for over 5 weeks.  

And yet, she not only persevered through nightmarish pain and suffering, she found her CALLING in music.   "Lying down in the hospital bed with bandages from head to foot, music was my escape, and that's why it means so much to me." Her supportive mother would often spend nights singing to her while she recovered.  

Back in 2017, then a still extremely shy and confidence deprived 28 year old, Kechi auditioned for the NBC sensation America's Got Talent.  This Princess Warrior was brave enough to show her scars to the world while belting out a transcendent version of Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud."  To no one's surprise, she got a much appreciated and well deserved standing ovation.  She made it into the group of Top Ten finalists but finished in the bottom five.  Still an amazing accomplishment on all fronts. " America's Got Talent  gave me a platform to share my story and voice, and inspire others with my journey as a burn survivor.  I was exposed to burn communities I didn't know existed.  And I reached children who were struggling with what I went through.  I was able to give them hope, and let them see that it is possible to have any life you want after the burns."  WOW!   Talk about a ball of bliss filled INSPIRATION.

Last night, I was channel surfing and stopped dead in my 'remote control' upon seeing Kechi sitting on a sofa just before her second chance on this Winter's America's Got Talent's Champion's Edition.   Immediately I became mesmerized by this woman's presence that bled through my flatscreen television's vista.  Instantly, the remote control was dropped on my lap as I became fixated on this Living Miracle's story. 

The producers did an enthralling piece on Kechi that had tears following down my cheeks within minutes.  What a beautiful, magnificent SOUL!  And yet, I had NO IDEA what was in store when she graced her presence on stage.  Dressed in a brilliant sequined outfit, this soon to be world wide sensation took her precious time before hitting the very first note of her audition.  The voice that soon burst from the lungs of this "Dynamic Diva" hit my heart oh so very hard.  It was a moment I will never forget.  And neither will the millions of viewers who were fortunate enough to tune into that evening's program.  

She belted out a deeply heartfelt and emotionally charged version of Calum Scott's "You Are The Reason."  Here are the lyrics:





You Are the Reason

There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now
There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now
I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason
There goes my hand shaking
And you are the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
I need you now
If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe
And I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason, oh
(I don't wanna fight no more)
(I don't wanna hurt no more)
(I don't wanna cry no more)
(Come back, I need you to hold me closer now)
You are the reason, oh
(Just a little closer now)
(Come a little closer now)
(I need you to hold me tonight)
I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
'Cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

And when the light's faded to black, I felt like I had just witnessed the face of GOD!  Tears wept down my face as I sat silent, basking in the feelings of theONENESS we all share.  Talk about transformational, this was pure transcendence.  The audience gave her a tear stained standing ovation which understandably overwhelmed this gorgeous woman.

Curmudgeonly judge Simon Cowell surprised a stunned audience by telling her he didn't really "like" her rendition of "You Are The Reason."  Only to pause before bursting out, "I LOVED IT!"  He then preceded to hit the 'golden buzzer' that sent Kechi straight into the show's finals.  What a moment to re-member for all of us who were blessed enough to witness this real life 'Wonder Woman.' 

I have since learned that Kechi is not just a singing sensation.  Her brilliant mind has earned her numerous high school awards and she finished her undergraduate degree from the University of St. Thomas.  She is currently enrolled as a graduate student there earning her MBA in Economics.   When not deep in studying mode, Kechi performs for audiences all over the United States.  


SUPER HEROES IN TRAINING TAKEAWAYS

Kechi Onwuchi is a powerful example to never let any of your life's "situations" define you.  She is a shining star who shows what can be achieved once you allow yourself to live from the space of your Super Heroic Higher Self!  Skies NOT the limit.  For you have NO limits.  You are SO much stronger than anything life will throw at you.  Being a victim to your circumstances is an insult to GOD!  Truly.  It's akin to sending back all your gifts to the North Pole.  Rather than GRATITUDE, your vibrational offering becomes a grievance. Re-member that the next time you start to feel sorry for yourself.  Please!  For that aching pain that settles into your core beingness when you do so is actually your SOUL weeping.  For your Inner Hero LOVES YOU; silly quirks and all.  And your Spirit never wants to experience any form of disconnection from the Grand Creator.  You know that feeling you get when saying 'goodbye' to someone you adore?  Well that's what your SOUL experiences when you forget WHO YOU REALLY ARE.  Get me?  

You are only as strong as your greatest adversity.  For it helped forge you into a Miracle Makin' Machine.  The bigger your mess, the more you've been blessed.   Holla!  Everything that's ever come your way has been no thing short of an opulent opportunity to learn and grow.   A gift from the GOD MIND.  The quicker you can learn to process your "situation" through ACCEPTANCE the better.  For what you resist, always persists.  And what you are brave enough to accept will melt away and be rebirthed as blessings.  I promise you!  

So the next time a hardship lands on your doorstep, it would do you just to re-member the story of Kechi Onwuchi.  For she is a mentor to us all.  She threw away the word IMPOSSIBLE years ago.  She understands it spells out I'M POSSIBLE.  Because every Hero's favorite space to play is within the "Playground of Possibility."
If she can do anything, why can't YOU?  

BE SUPER HEROIC!

Nerdmaste,

Jeffrey Louis Martinez





No comments:

Post a Comment