About Me

My photo
My name is Jeffrey Louis Martinez. Also known as The Buddha Bro! Would you like 2024 to be the year in which you FINALLY started the journey towards ascending into your true Super Heroic Higher Self? Transforming all your Pain Points into your Super Powers! Then creating a new Super Heroic Mindset in which you are being of loving service to yourself and all others! Then please check out The New Age Nerd! It's a daily offering of support, inspiration, and lessons ‘learned along the way.' All mixed together with the perfect geeky dose of ‘MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC' from our favorite pop cultural passions! With the intention of stepping firmly into our own personal Superhero's Journey, and in the process assisting one another in igniting the Divine BLISS within. So that we may live a life that leaves a lasting Legacy!........ Please keep anything that resonates, and let the rest GO! The Love Light will always be on... Nerdmaste, Jeffrey Louis Martinez

Monday, July 18, 2016

Learn How to SACK Your Way To A BETTER WORLD.......


  1. TODAY'S INSPIRATIONAL “MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC






  1. ________________________________________________________________


Another morning waking up to the news of yet another deadly shooting, this one in Baton Rouge, LA, with the TV tagline of “A Nation In Panic”.   This coming directly after the unbelievable incident in France over the weekend when a truck killed over 100 people and left tens of others fighting for their lives.  Nothing like the media to ease our fears and calm our souls, huh?!   lol

I though to myself the effect that she barrage of events must be having on the lives so many.  Especially our youth, who are still collecting vital information about the world to inform their set of values and opiinions on how to conduct their lives.  Then I remembered a POWERFUL and INSPIRATIONAL story that I feel needed to be shared, and immediately.  Before our consciousness shifts to far into fear and the belief that there is anything that the collective ‘WE’ can do to make any substantial difference.  As they say, if you aren;t part of the solution, you become part of the problem itself.   

So I have come up with an acronym that given our fervent fascination(myself included) with football, I hope will strike a resonant chord with many of you New Age Nerds!  Ready.....OK, it all had to do with the term SACK.  Which of course in football is that thrilling moment when the opposing defense knocks down the opposing team's quarterback.  A SACK master in the NFL is one of the most prized possessions and gets paid million of dollars for the perfection of their craft of getting to the quarterback.
But, while less than a few thousand of us play football for a living, the rest of us can still collect SACKS that are even more IMPACTFUL than the ones played out on any football field!  Just follow me here.  

What would it look like if we turned the term SACK into a term of true SERVICE by reframing it as :

Sharing
Acts of
Compassion &
Kindess

And instead of thinking there is NO THING we can really do to change the state of the world, think of collecting daily SACKS as part of our daily Hero's/Heroine's Journey!  How much could we change the world.  In order to illustrate the powerful impact of a SACK, I am going to share the following story with you.


  1.  One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books.
  2.  I thought to myself, 'Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd.‘ I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.
  3.  
  4. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him... He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes.

  5.  My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw a tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said, 'Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives. '
  6.  He looked at me and said, 'Hey thanks!' There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude. Hey thanks

  7.  I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived... As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before... He said he had gone to private school before now. I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.  We talked all the way home, and I carried some of his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play a little football with my friends He said yes..

  8. We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him, and my friends thought the same of him.
  9.  
  10. Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, 'Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday! ' He just laughed and handed me half the books. Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends..

  11. When we were seniors we began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor and I was going for business on a football scholarship..

  12. Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak.

  13. Graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him. Boy, sometimes I was jealous!

  14. Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the back and said, 'Hey, big guy, you'll be great!' He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. ' Thanks,' he said.

  15.  As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began…. 'Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach....but mostly your friends..... I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them.

  16. I am going to tell you a story.' I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told about the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home.
  17. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. 'Thankfully, I was saved... My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable....'

  18. I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his Mom and Dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize it's depth.
  19.  Never underestimate the power of your actions.. With one small gesture you can change a person's life. For better or for worse...... God puts us all in each others lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others.
  20. 'Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.' There is no beginning or end.. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift.
~~  Published by 

 , Group Facilitator/Confidence Coach at I M Confident Niagara Canada


So tomorrow, be aware of your surroundings.  Stray present, and look for your opportunities for a SACK of your own.  The OPPORTUNITIES are ALL AROUND us.  We just need to look and listen.

Rather than waiting for Heroes, let's commit to becoming the Heroes and Heroine's we have been waiting for!!  There are just too many out there who need are assistance NOW.  Are YOU up for the challenge?!?

Nerdmaste,

Jeffrey Louis Martinez


No comments:

Post a Comment