About Me

My photo
My name is Jeffrey Louis Martinez. Also known as The Buddha Bro! Would you like 2024 to be the year in which you FINALLY started the journey towards ascending into your true Super Heroic Higher Self? Transforming all your Pain Points into your Super Powers! Then creating a new Super Heroic Mindset in which you are being of loving service to yourself and all others! Then please check out The New Age Nerd! It's a daily offering of support, inspiration, and lessons ‘learned along the way.' All mixed together with the perfect geeky dose of ‘MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC' from our favorite pop cultural passions! With the intention of stepping firmly into our own personal Superhero's Journey, and in the process assisting one another in igniting the Divine BLISS within. So that we may live a life that leaves a lasting Legacy!........ Please keep anything that resonates, and let the rest GO! The Love Light will always be on... Nerdmaste, Jeffrey Louis Martinez

Sunday, June 19, 2022

What We Can ALL LEARN On This FATHER'S DAY....!






THIS POST HAS BEEN RE-WRITTEN FOR THIS HOLY DAY CELEBRATED FOR ALL OF OUR FATHER'S 

There are MANY paths... May You Choose the ones that begin and end in LOVE...

Jeffrey Louis Martinez



This past weekend, I was invited to a friends birthday party.  And while the food was Oh So YUMMY in my Tummy, little did I know that my dessert was going to be true FOOD FOR THE SOUL!  But as is most often the case, this God given gift did not come wrapped in the manner I would have originally envisioned!  Over time, this understanding has been very instrumental in me NOT missing out on the many treasures life brings into your daily experiences!!  

During dinner, a middle aged man filled his plate with the delightful offerings our gracious guests had prepared for the party minglers.  The only empty chair was beside me and so it is there that he took his place at the table.  Small talk quickly ensued and it soon veered into the territory of our current Health Care system here in the US.  Immediately, I ascertained that we had ----ummmm- diametrically opposed viewpoints on the topic.  (And I will humbly admit that given my own recent run ins with the process of obtaining affordable health care as a self employed person has given me a rather STRONG viewpoint on this situation)  

The clouds of a clash were drifting over the table, at which point I decided to use my tenet that...IT IS BETTER TO BE LOVING THAN TO BE RIGHT!!  So I took a few minutes to allow my slightly charged emotions to settle by delving into my plate of still warm and incredibly tasty delights.  

After both of our plates had been cleared by our gracious hosts, I got an INUITIVE HIT that there was a reason for us to be seated next to one another.  I consider my self both a teacher and a student and know that if given the chance, everyone that comes into my experience has something to share with me!  And this night would be yet another example of this understanding.   

For we began to strike up another conversation, but this time it was filled with mutual respect and a sincere willingness to connect with one another.  It's AMAZING how a simple shift in perspective toward non-judgement can create MIRACLES!   

Superhero's TIP:  Most conflict, resentment, and disconnection between two individuals and/or parties result from a much smaller varying viewpoint than you might imagine!  It's actually quite unfortunate to think of all the pain and suffering we inflict on one another over such a small variance in our BELIEFS!  The next time a possible nasty fight or powerfully charged disagreement is about to break out in your presence, PLEASE REMEMBER this fact. Trying your best to meet people HALFWAY is such a transformational practice!  Try it out and see for yourself.....   ;0)   Here's to killing 'em with KINDNESS......    ;0)

Ok....back to our Original Lineup of Programming for the post..........

As we peppered each other with questions about one another, I preceded to share with him my passioned belief that everyone is a SUPERHERO and that our Highest Calling was to BE of service to one another.   I KNOW that doesn't surprise anyone in The New Age Nerd tribe..Right?!  At last I sure hope not....   :0)

I could see the sharing of my own TRUTH opened up a doorway to something of a similar resonation that meant a great deal to his being.   He began to tell me a story about his father.  And his energy began to unfold and soften; more like a soothing nature actually.  You see his father had graduated from West Point.  And he had stayed in very close touch with one of his classmates throughout the many years since their time together at the military academy.  He said their bond was as close as being brothers from another mother!  

The years quickly passed by, yet their friendship always remained a constant and treasured gift in each of their lives.  But his father's buddy became diagnosed with the insidious disease of Alzheimers.  Yet his father stayed a constant and steadfast friend and companion.  Even after the disease had ravaged his friend's brain to the point at which he no longer recognized his father. But ya know what? His father continued his weekly visits.  In fact, he never let more than a week go by without stopping in to spend treasured time with his brother in arms!  

My new found friend continued that after several years, his father's dedication toward this CALLING began to be questioned from many people in his circle of friends.  "Why do you continue to visit your friend? He has absolutely NO IDEA who you even are anymore," many would question.

The answer his father would always give sent a Spirit filled shiver through my Being.  "But I KNOW who he is!"  I sat there for more than a few beats, my eyes completely locked with his. He had shared a piece of his SOUL with me.   And it was a MAGNIFICENT MOMENT; sacred and transcendent!  Because it is the accumulation of moments such as these that translates into life's greatest treasures.  TRULY PROFOUND CONNECTION!  Something that is so badly missing from our current collective of daily interactions.  

And I'm still not completely sure who benefited more from the sharing of this tale?!  Not that it even matters.  Because the super heroic lesson imprinted with me on that night is,  like all of the greatest teachers who have walked this Earth, one of the greatest gifts we can give one another is to LOVE EVERYONE as through they are INNOCENT- SANS JUDGEMENT!  It would have been so easy for me to forgo striking up another conversation with this gentleman after our first attempt ended in a small divide.   Yet.....I cannot fathom missing out on the gift we shared that magical evening by remembering........................ 

WE EVENTUALLY REMEMBERED WHO EACH OTHER WERE...........BECAUSE WE ARE ALL ONE!  


BE SUPER HEROIC!
BE LOVE - SERVE ALL - INSPIRE ALWAYS

Nerdmaste,

Jeffrey Louis Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment