About Me

My photo
My name is Jeffrey Louis Martinez. Also known as The Buddha Bro! Would you like 2024 to be the year in which you FINALLY started the journey towards ascending into your true Super Heroic Higher Self? Transforming all your Pain Points into your Super Powers! Then creating a new Super Heroic Mindset in which you are being of loving service to yourself and all others! Then please check out The New Age Nerd! It's a daily offering of support, inspiration, and lessons ‘learned along the way.' All mixed together with the perfect geeky dose of ‘MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC' from our favorite pop cultural passions! With the intention of stepping firmly into our own personal Superhero's Journey, and in the process assisting one another in igniting the Divine BLISS within. So that we may live a life that leaves a lasting Legacy!........ Please keep anything that resonates, and let the rest GO! The Love Light will always be on... Nerdmaste, Jeffrey Louis Martinez

Friday, April 27, 2018

PLEASE Do Not FALL For BEING Less Than The TWO Percenters CHOOSE..!!!!





Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.Barack Obama



As most of my Fellow New Age Nerds are far too aware, I have had my share of what I like to term 'OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH' over the past few years.   And please DO NOT take what I am about to say as anything other than a proclamation for the uncovering of the CHANGE THAT WE ALL HAVE THE CHOICE TO BECOME!  Because a change is a commin'!  Not because we want it to, but rather because IT HAS TO!!  And if you don't believe me, take it from my alter EGO, The Batman!!  Who fights for Justice, Equality, and the common man's ability to live his/her life in a manner of fellow service to the greater good!  This is becoming increasingly challenging for even The Batman to actualize in his daily daliances!  

Every morning I arise with the pure intent of making other peoples lives better.  And much of that entails giving them HOPE and a placed to rest their heartfelt DREAMS!!  As of late, that has become trying to make a dent in the bureaucratic system that is slowly snuffing out the American Dream.  Because the compassionate TRUTH is that the hopeful dreams that have been handed down from one generation to the next the past 100 years is now under serious siege, if not already a complete Illusion !  And anyone who actually knows me will also understand that I DO NOT USE THOSE WORDS LIGHTLY!!  For I am as old fashioned as they make and abhor the use of ABSOLUTES!!  Nor do I care to dwell within the confines of any whisps of energy that does not contain HOPE!!  And I wish to share my personal experiences in the hopes that they resonate with those who have no real VOICE!  

As many of you may know, I had a massive surgery last November that has caused me complications severe enough to pursue a second such attempt at fully allowing my body to heal in a fashion that will allow me to have a full and complete life.  Unfortunately, like millions of other of my fellow brothers and sisters, I am self employed and thus find myself at the whims of the Affordable Care Act.  Which is such a joke because there is absolutely NOTHING AFFORDABLE ABOUT IT!  I am paying a monthly premium of $400.00 and yet my yearly deductible is $7,500.00  I'm not a number cruncher, but the bottom line is that if I want to have the second surgery I need, I will have to pay for it COMPLETELY OUT OF POCKET!!  Now YOU tell ME, does that make ANY sense?!?  I'm still trying to wrap my own noggin around my own sitcho!!  Part of me wonders why in the HELL I am paying healthcare premiums at all if I still have to pay the first $7,500 to any doctor/hospital/pharmacist for services rendered?!?  It's completely absurd........  

I have gone so far as to have a personal meeting with my local Congresswoman over the issue with the intention of making her aware of what several million of us in the US with serious health maladies currently face and even worse, what may lie ahead for those of us with pre-existing conditions, or are self employed, ETC.!!

Perhaps what makes me so frustrated with the current state of affairs here in the US is the fact that if just the TOP 2 PERCENT of our population were to give just 10 PERCENT of their wealth away, do you know that NOBODY in this country would ever have to go without food, shelter, or healthcare ever again?!?!  And YES, I understand that a program in doing so would be easier said than done, but IT IS POSSIBLE!!!  And I don't know about you, but I BELEIVE IN POSSIBILITY!!

Listen, we have gone WAY beyond political discourse in these discussions.  It is no longer about Democrat vs Republican.  Conservative vs Liberal.  This is about pure SURVIVAL for BILLIONS of people around the planet.  And yes, I do know that from which I speak.  And NOT even from a personal perspective.  One of my family's dear friends passed away last year simply because she could not afford the basic medications she needed to keep her Multiple Sclerosis at bay.  My mother and I had the task of watching this absolutely DIVINE soul who cared only about others, die a slow and painful death, all because of GREED.   And trust me, after having to stand by and watch such a travesty take place, the SUPER HERO in you takes charge and vows NEVER AGAIN....NOT ON MY WATCH!!!!

Basic necessities such as food, water, and healthcare have absolutely NO PLACE being privileges in this day and age.  THEY ARE GOD GIVEN RIGHTS!  And for those of you reading today's post who have never had to succumb to such plight and lack, my words are not meant to scold, but rather ENLIGHTEN!!  Because the hard, cold, truth is that each and every one of us is on average, just two and 1/2 paychecks away from living on the street!!!  Yea...that's right.  And there is just too much abundance to go around that nobody should be faced with those humbling odds!  

Even with the seemingly dire state of fiscal affairs we now find ourselves in, I refuse to see NOTHING BUT OPPORTUNITY!  As Napoleon Hill teaches, within every obstacle lies an equal seed of opportunity!!  We've needed a 'Wake Up' call and ...KNOCK...KNOCK....KNOCK....   It's time for a mass movement.  A Grand Awakening from our collective slumber.  We have the power to BE the HEROES the world so desperately needs!!  It's way past time for as Gandhi said....BE THE CHANGE we wish to see in the world!  A Mass Movement toward stepping into our Hero's Journey and following our Calling.  Transform this world into a place where abundance is stewarded by the Conscious Souls that are at the core of the Super Heroic Versions of our Higher Selves!!!

Before I leave you to ponder the words from my post this evening, I would like to leave you with one last sobering fact to ruminate on:

Between 2013 and 2015, the wealthiest 14 people saw their wealth increase by $157 BILLION.  This is just their wealth increase, got it!  Not what they are worth. Increase!  That $157 Billion is worth more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of the American people.  One family, the Walton family, owns more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of the entire American population!!

Bernie Sanders

Allow that to sink in this evening before you go to bed ...................


Nerdmaste,

Jeffrey Louis Martinez










No comments:

Post a Comment