About Me

My photo
My name is Jeffrey Louis Martinez. Also known as The Buddha Bro! Would you like 2024 to be the year in which you FINALLY started the journey towards ascending into your true Super Heroic Higher Self? Transforming all your Pain Points into your Super Powers! Then creating a new Super Heroic Mindset in which you are being of loving service to yourself and all others! Then please check out The New Age Nerd! It's a daily offering of support, inspiration, and lessons ‘learned along the way.' All mixed together with the perfect geeky dose of ‘MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC' from our favorite pop cultural passions! With the intention of stepping firmly into our own personal Superhero's Journey, and in the process assisting one another in igniting the Divine BLISS within. So that we may live a life that leaves a lasting Legacy!........ Please keep anything that resonates, and let the rest GO! The Love Light will always be on... Nerdmaste, Jeffrey Louis Martinez

Friday, March 11, 2016

Get Incredibly INSPIRED By This Truly HUMBLE HERO......



TODAY'S INSPIRATIONAL “MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC”

“So many of our DREAMS seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we SUMMOM the will, they seem INEVITABLE!”
~~ Christopher Reeve  (Superman)

“I NEVER look back Darling!  It distracts from the NOW!”
~~ Edna E. Mode (The Incredibles)



________________________________________________________________




Many of the most impactful relationships in our lives start unassuming in nature.  Like a slow burning ember, they cause nary a bristle of smoke.  Yet, if we are truly PRESENT, the signs that alert us to the magnificent opportunity that a co-creation could bring fill the air with a synchronistic force that is undeniable.  Spirit's proverbial door of growth and Re-membrance has arrived, and it is up to us to have the prescient fortitude to ‘step through’.

Such was my fortunate experience last week during the opening moments of the CORE Energy Coaches program I participated in.  I had just arrived to our Hotel's ‘classroom’ and was busy fumbling through my personal belongings, trying to get somewhat organized before the day's festivities were to begin.  That's when I first noticed Justin.   It's actually hard to miss him.  A strapping ex-Marine, he carries himself with a quiet confidence and exudes an energy of calm wisdom that must be witnessed so that it can be fully appreciated.  Unlike most of us, Justin is not fortunate enough to carry his pain, wounds, and insecurities on the inside.  And the manner in which he has dealt with his numerous maladies, and turned them into his PURPOSE is what makes this HUMBLE HERO so completely unforgettable and utterly transformative. 

So just a couple of minutes later, when I received a small tap on my shoulder, and turned around to see Justin standing feet behind me, I instantly felt my SOUL's serene ‘suggestion’ that something special was brewing for MY experience.  Having flown in from NY for this special program, Justin had inadvertently locked his keys and cell phone in his car.  He asked if I would be kind enough to accompany him down to the parking lot to try and get the car doors open.  I felt absolutely honored that he asked for my assistance, and although we were unsuccessful in our mission(his dad lived nearby and came by with an extra set of keys!) we struck up an instant connection that only grew throughout the rest of the week.  

Justin Constantine was a major in the United States Marine Corps.  On October 18, 2006, during a combat mission in Iraq, he was hit by a sniper's bullet just behind his left ear.  The bullet exited out his mouth, and while it thankfully missed his spinal cord, the damage it did cause was absolutely catastrophic. 

“I cannot see out of my let eye.  I am missing most of my teeth and the end of my tongue.  I cannot run - the doctors removed several of the bones in my legs to use in reconstructing my upper and lower jaws.  When I speak in front of an audience, I do not speak “normally.”  I also suffer from post traumatic stress (PTS) and a traumatic brain injury.”
~~  From My Battlefield Your Office by Justin Constantine



As you might imagine, from such an enormously physical travesty, Justin faced a cacophony of surgeries over a several year period.  At that does not begin to encompass the emotional, spiritual, and psychic TOLL that Justin still faces on a daily basis.  For many of us, simply trying to move forward in a survival capacity would be a HERCULEAN task given Justin's predicaments.  But it is in the heroic manner that he has transformed his life from being that of a mere survivor, to an INSPIRATIONAL ROCKSTAR that truly separates him from the masses!! 

“I know that I will now, and for the rest of my life, have problems eating, drinking, speaking, and just remembering things.  Those obstacles are something I deal with every day, but I still condor myself one of the luckiest people alive. In fact, I think it is because of the injury that caused those problems that I am far closer to my wife, Dahlia, than I would have thought possible. I now know that I am far stronger than I ever could have imagined, and I can put everyday obstacles into their proper perspective, focusing instead on what is truly important to Dahlia and me. Winston Churchill said, “Never give in. NEVER give in. Never. Never. NEVER.”  I fully embraced that philosophy during my recovery.  And I apply that mantra to all I do now.”
~~  From My Battlefield Your Office by Justin Constantine

Just a couple of years ago, Justin left behind his law career (That's right, he is a lawyer too!) to live his PURPOSE.  He now spends his days touring the country as a motivational speaker and leadership consultant, espousing tips and suggestions to HUGE corporate audiences, many taken from his book, ‘My Battlefield, Your Office.’  His overarching message being you are MUCH STRONGER than you think you are.  Words of wisdom from this combat veteran are transcendent in nature and intent.  He epitomizes turning ones pain into power.  For his battlefield heroics, he was awarded the Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, as well as the  Navy-Marine Corps Commendation Medal.  However, it is the thousands of SOULS he majestically touches by sharing his personal Hero's Journey that means the most to him.  

I was fortunate enough to share some quiet one on one time in Justin's presence and now over a week later, the POWER of his Spirit and his perseverant nature is still working its Magic Mojo deep within my Heart and Soul.  The one aspect of his personality that struck me so indelibly was the HUMBLE manner in which he carries himself.  They say that the ONE quality that separates itself from all others in determining true GENIUS, is humility.  I am not sure I ever truly understood the depths to which this holds true until I was fortunate enough to witness it through Justin's demeanor.  BREATHTAKING....and AWE INSPIRING.......!!  Despite his outward appearance, Justin Constantine is perhaps the most BEAUTIFUL man I have ever met.........

For more information on Justin, please visit his website www.justinconstantine.com
And if you know of someone who would be interested in hiring Justin as a speaker, please direct them to his site where he can be contacted directly!  

And the next time you feel paralyzed with fear, or simply stuck on what do to next toward following or figuring out your life's calling, do yourself a favor and think of Justin.  He has devised, through conquering unfathomable pain and suffering,  a tantalizing template of amazing resilience, courage, and the power of the human SPIRIT to overcome any obstacle!

And with this knowledge, GO MAKE SOMETHING POSSIBLE!!!

Nerdmaste,

Jeffrey Louis Martinez


1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring, I checked out his website! Is that Gary Sinise he is standing next to in that video?

    ReplyDelete