About Me

My photo
My name is Jeffrey Louis Martinez. Also known as The Buddha Bro! Would you like 2024 to be the year in which you FINALLY started the journey towards ascending into your true Super Heroic Higher Self? Transforming all your Pain Points into your Super Powers! Then creating a new Super Heroic Mindset in which you are being of loving service to yourself and all others! Then please check out The New Age Nerd! It's a daily offering of support, inspiration, and lessons ‘learned along the way.' All mixed together with the perfect geeky dose of ‘MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC' from our favorite pop cultural passions! With the intention of stepping firmly into our own personal Superhero's Journey, and in the process assisting one another in igniting the Divine BLISS within. So that we may live a life that leaves a lasting Legacy!........ Please keep anything that resonates, and let the rest GO! The Love Light will always be on... Nerdmaste, Jeffrey Louis Martinez

Sunday, September 2, 2018

How To LIVE A BLISSED Out LIFE...!!


        TODAY'S MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC

 








Let's keep things real for a minute or two.....   LIFE CAN BE FRICKIN BRUTAL..!!   And I'm talkin' about ROCK' EM SOCK 'EM HARD -- As in--Did anyone happen to catch the license plate of the Truck that just knocked the snot out of my ass ?!?!?  Or is it just me....   LOL   

Life can often be summed up in a personal story that I would like to share with all of you.  I used to have two dogs I adored as if they were my children. (You pet lovers will know EXACTLY what that feels like)  I live in a house with a decent wooden fence surrounding the entire backyard.  A few years ago, a new neighbor moved into the house adjacent to mine.  It didn't take long for us to realize he had a trio of pups that were part of his family brood.  Fantastic, I thought at first!  The more dogs the merrier and perhaps this would mean a plethora of playdates amongst all these furry friends!  (Fist pumps galore!)  

Until one early winter morning during the first week after the new neighbors took full occupancy of their humble abode.  As was my normal routine, I took my dogs out in the back yard so they could - do their duty- before taking them back in for their warm breakfast.  It had snowed a few days earlier and the remnants were several patches of slippery ice.   Well lo and behold, my neighbor opened the door just as I had let my dogs into our confined wooden gates and out ran his three small bred pack of pups!   Two of them seemed extremely friendly and incredibly curious to meet their new friends on the other side of the wooden posts.  I immediately walked over to greet them.     BUT SUDDENLY---the third one- a Boston Terrier came running, or perhaps more akin to RAGING over to the fence as though his morning meal was going to be one, if not BOTH of my dogs, not to mention a couple of my fingers.  His teeth fixated in a gnarled position of such a terrifying nature that even given the protective barrier between us caused me to take a quick step (well, more like three) backwards right onto a slick piece of the glistening ice and I instantly flipped over directly onto my poor buttocks.  It happened so fast and knocked the air out of me.  Lest I not even mention the utter embarrassment.  (Note to self.....Ice and tennis shoes DO NOT MIX..  LOL)

When I finally got back on my feet and shook off the feelings from the fall, my attention went right back to my neighbors dog, still in full attack position, desperately trying to make his way through the six inch margin between the wooden posts of our fence.  One of my dogs, Nacho, was only 15 pounds but when challenged would take on a bear!  Terrified of a fight breaking out, I quickly ushered both my dogs back in the house.  Wow, I thought!  That boston terrier seems like he is going to be a pure nightmare of a neighbor!  

A few days later, I was outside, up on our deck when our new neighbor walked outside into his own backyard.  I decided to start a friendly conversation with the real intention of finding out more about his...UMMM not so welcoming or well behaved family member.  So I deliberately inquired, "Two of your dogs seem incredibly friendly!  But may I ask you, has your boston terrier ever bit anybody?"
He quickly retorted back in a heavy southern accent, "Oh do ya mean Barney;  he'll BITE you five times before ya know he bit ya once!!"  I honestly didn't know whether to start laughing my ass off or be completely freaked out.  LOL     

Thank goodness he kept good 'ole Barney on a leash from then on out, thus circumventing my fear of having to worry about the 'troubled kid' in the neighborhood......   

Ironically enough, once I shared that quick blurt about Barney's culinary tendencies, it became a frequently used MANTRA my family began to utter whenever life knocked one of us down to the mat.  "Life will gitcha five times before ya know it got ya once!!"  
While it didn't wash away all our current challenges, it sure offered us a ton of laughs over the next few years!!  ;0)

So what exactly does this have to do with living a BLISSED OUT LIFE...?!?!  It's the fact that life isn't always fair.  And it's often quite messy and mercurial.  Not to mention filled with moments of pure dissillusionment and utter confusion.  When it rains, it often pours BIG, HEAVY, PAINFUL drops of despair.....   And oh my goodness gracious will it -Gitcha Five Times Before Ya Know It Got Ya Once-  Right?!?  To the point that oh so many people I know believe that this life itself is actually our HELL!!  

Well, I'm here to share with you that Life can be either our HEAVEN or HELL depending on what you BELIEVE!  As Wayne Dyer said, "With everything that has happened to you, you can feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift.  Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle from keeping you from growing.  YOU get to choose."  AMEN!

Collectively, we have come into this world to disperse the DESIRES within our Soul and NOT our Ego.  And as we do, the byproduct is a cosmic Divine Dance to a LOVE SONG that not only fully fulfills your BEINGNESS with BLISS, but also unleashes your unique gifts to be of service to our entire planet!!  I believe that this is what my great HERO (as you probably know by now  LOL) famed Mythologist Joseph Campbell meant when he ushered into our consciousness this quote:

If you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.”


An HEROIC transformation occurs when we have the Courage to follow our own Path; if ONLY we dare!!   We slowly transcend the Fear and Disconnection that has kept us from living the life of our heartfelt dreams; all for the grand adventure that has always been waiting for us!!  And we no longer try and avoid pain and suffering.  For during this transformation, we learn to Accept everything as a golden gift.  And no longer live in Victim Consciousness.  We Re-member that everything happens through us and FOR us not TO us!  BIG difference........

FOLLOWING OUR BLISS does NOT mean that life will always be comfortable or easy.  But is that what we are soulfully searching for?!?  A life of continuous comfort.....   Or an experience filled with rapturous WONDER!  Unexpected treasures! The pride of overcoming challenges!  The excitement of discovering the meaning in pain!   And leaving behind a LEGACY filled with the knowingness that your life of BLISS was filled with acts of LOVE, Compassion, and SERVICE to us all.........


My own acronym for BLISS is:

Bringing 
Love 
In
Service to
Soul

And that recipe is ripe for a life filled with Unadorned Joy and Happiness............

So, I ask all of you New Age Nerds one question..........   Will you only dare to FOLLOW YOUR BLISS....   The choice is ALL YOURS!!!

Nerdmaste,

Jeffrey Louis Martinez









No comments:

Post a Comment