About Me

My photo
My name is Jeffrey Louis Martinez. Also known as The Buddha Bro! Would you like 2024 to be the year in which you FINALLY started the journey towards ascending into your true Super Heroic Higher Self? Transforming all your Pain Points into your Super Powers! Then creating a new Super Heroic Mindset in which you are being of loving service to yourself and all others! Then please check out The New Age Nerd! It's a daily offering of support, inspiration, and lessons ‘learned along the way.' All mixed together with the perfect geeky dose of ‘MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC' from our favorite pop cultural passions! With the intention of stepping firmly into our own personal Superhero's Journey, and in the process assisting one another in igniting the Divine BLISS within. So that we may live a life that leaves a lasting Legacy!........ Please keep anything that resonates, and let the rest GO! The Love Light will always be on... Nerdmaste, Jeffrey Louis Martinez

Friday, March 9, 2018

Why COMPARING Yourself To OTHERS Is So Detrimental To Your Happiness and Success..!




Back when I lived in Los Angeles, I got a job with Comcast Television as aa advertising sales representative.  I was thrilled to get the offer and while I made a managerie of friends and gained a ton of sales experience, there was one thing that tempered my experience there.  

You see, I was replacing a young lady that my boss literally thought could walk on water.  My very first day he went so far as to say that I would NEVER be able to replace said young lady.  He told me how funny, bright, effervescent and as well as the best public speak he had ever seen.  And if THAT wasn't bad enough, on my very first meeting (in which he accompanied me) was with Paramount Pictures.  A pretty big deal!  Well, he got up and started the meeting my introducing me and telling the audience of 15 that while I would never be able to replace my predecessor, that I would still be able to handle the job!!  Yeah!  I'm not kidding.......

Needless to say, I was completely embarrassed and emotionally devastated!  I almost left the job the next day.  But at the time I was just starting on my path of self realization and thankfully coached myself into Re-membering that Everything my boss had said was HIS KARMA, and the way I responded to it was mine!  While I'm not saying it was always easy, I put up with his constant comparing of me for about two years.  And eventually, I was able to accept my karma in the situation and send him LOVE!  Because after two years, I was able to discern that he was incredibly insecure and always had to be the life of the party.  He also felt a deep need to feel as though he was part of the 'in crowd.'  He was gay and had actually even gotten married to a young lady.  All because he couldn't stand the thought of being ostracized. And I started to really feel his inner pain and anguish.

Nevertheless, being compared to others is always a challenging situation.  We all want to be seen as unique and special.  And constantly being compared to others can put a real wet damper on our emotional well being.  

So for all of those who are either compared to others, or even WORSE, compare themselves to others, I wanted to share a Hero's Tip about how to overcome this insidious and challenging  part of our life experiences.

5. Be Patient With Yourself And The Process And Don't Compare Your Journey      With Others
We live in a world of instant information and results.  Yet life is all about the Journey, NOT THE DESTINATION.  What if I told you that YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE?!?  How would your action steps and plan in life change?  Well, I am here to share with you that you truly cannot make a mistake.  Everything you do is based on the amalgam of experience, conditioning, and information at your disposal at any given point in time.  In fact, I have removed the word mistake from my lexicon and replaced it with the word “Misstep.”  As long as we learn from our missteps, they can no longer be deemed mistakes, but lessons learned.  So please be patient with yourself along your Journey.  You are going to make missteps along the way.  And that is entirely OK.  In fact, it is a crucial part of the process!!

And lastly, try and refrain from comparing yourself and your current life conditions with those around you.  You have NO IDEA what they are here to accomplish and why their life situation is so much different from yours.  Marriane Williamson always says comparing yourselves to others is like trying to look at another person's life notes.  They are not meant for you, just as yours is not meant for them.  We all have separate Journey's and miraculous purposes for being here.  And none is greater than another's!!  Even Spirit's who seem to be so accomplished are usually one step ahead of you once you really commit to living The greatest version of Who You Truly Are........


Nerdmaste,

Jeffrey Louis Martinez




No comments:

Post a Comment