About Me

My photo
My name is Jeffrey Louis Martinez. Also known as The Buddha Bro! Would you like 2024 to be the year in which you FINALLY started the journey towards ascending into your true Super Heroic Higher Self? Transforming all your Pain Points into your Super Powers! Then creating a new Super Heroic Mindset in which you are being of loving service to yourself and all others! Then please check out The New Age Nerd! It's a daily offering of support, inspiration, and lessons ‘learned along the way.' All mixed together with the perfect geeky dose of ‘MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC' from our favorite pop cultural passions! With the intention of stepping firmly into our own personal Superhero's Journey, and in the process assisting one another in igniting the Divine BLISS within. So that we may live a life that leaves a lasting Legacy!........ Please keep anything that resonates, and let the rest GO! The Love Light will always be on... Nerdmaste, Jeffrey Louis Martinez

Monday, April 24, 2017

The Journey Ain't Always Easy...........





MAYBE THE JOURNEY ISN'T SO MUCH ABOUT BECOMING ANYTHING.  MAYBE IT'S ABOUT UNBECOMING EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T YOU SO  YOU CAN BE WHO YOU WERE MEANT TO BE IN THE FIRST PLACE...............





A few months ago, when I was going through a particular difficult time dealing with some past TRAUMA, I was desperately seeking solace anywhere I could find it.  And I often find it challenging to reach out to my Tribe for help because I know they look up to me as someone who has spent the past 20 years on self realization work and can deal with what much of life throws at me.  I know this is TOTALLY a limiting belief but one that I need to work on with love and light!  
 Wayne Dyer.  I have always found such tenderness, grace, and solace in his words and wisdom.  So on this particular day I decided to search to see if his blog was still up and running since his passing.  And ya know what, it was!!I scrolled through several of his entries and suddenly stopped on one just by happenstance.  And as Spirit often has such a sneaky way of bringing us Re-membrance, this entry had to do with his battle with a deep and dark depression after he and his wife separated.  He was in his 60's at the time and the break up of his marriage absolutely devastated him as one can fully understand.  During a near two year period, he barely left his house, and lost a massive amount of weight.  

Believe me, in my world, misery DOES NOT like company, but I did find a sense of commiseration with what he had gone through.  I remember first starting this blog and it causing me a TON of discord because my inner dialogue was something akin to “who the hell are you to think you have figured this thing called life out.  Much less that anyone would care to listen to what you have to say about it.”  And believe me, that same inner monologue sometimes still pops up its dastardly head to challenge my purpose!!  

So as I read Wayne's prose that day, I realized that we ALL go through our pain and suffering.  NOBODY escapes its at times soul crushing grip!!  And even more importantly, THAT IS OK! It's all part of the process.  And I am hoping that by sharing my own struggles, it will assist you in yours!

Which brings me to the past two weeks.  During that time I found myself really grappling with some past hurt and trauma that cut me to the core.  Real deep, twisted stuff that can make one think they are losing their sensibilities.  Now when we are faced with this predicament we basically have two choices.  We can face our pain head on, or resist it!  Here is something I have learned on my own Hero's Journey.  What you choose NOT to deal with will continue to haunt you by resurfacing time and time again in your life.  And that goes for us all.  No getting around this nasty stuff!  

But as a past mentor once shared with me, when this type of pain, depression, anxiety, and suffering surfaces, it is a MAGICAL GIFT!  Because it is showing you where there is room for LOVE and Light to be applied to places deep within your heart and soul.  It's not that you are broken or beaten down.  That's just thinking that you are anything but a perfect emanation of God.  And that is what you are!! Doesn't that feel good.......   No, this is simply a wonderful opportunity to Re-member who you really are and bathe in that GRACE and JOY.  Now listen to me straight up....   THIS PROCESS IS NOT EASY.   In fact there are times when I have felt like throwing in the spiritual growth towel and head for another distant shore!   Exit, stage left....   LOL   

This process is very similar to being birthed again as a bigger, brighter, shinier, new you!!  And as we are all aware, the birthing process is beyond arduous.  We must be stretched in places we never knew were there!  But the aftermath is the MIRACLE OF BIRTH!!  And there is nothing more magical than that. 

And guess what?!?   This process NEVER ends.  We are constantly stripping off what no longer serves us to reveal what is dying to shine through underneath all of our pain and suffering.  But if we are to become the Greatest Version of the Greatest Vision we have ever heard of ourselves, there is no other path to take my friends.  It is our only Yellow Brick Road!  But we all know how that story ends...  AND ya know what?!!?  There by following your own Journey, no matter how challenging or painful it may be, there is a fairy tale ending just waiting to embrace you if you just have the COURGE to live fearlessly with the belief that Spirit is with you EVERY STEP OF THE WAY........

Nerdmaste,

Jeffrey Louis Martinez




1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know just how much I love reading your blog. I am a life coach myself and love seeing other life coach blogs. Yours hit home almost always. I am going through some difficult times myself and often wonder what others that look up to me might think. I am a huge follower of the Dr. Wayne Dyer and I even thought of how would he have handle times of stress like his divorce. So you looking this up was as if you read my mind. Thank you posting your blog. I know it helps many including this life coach herself.

    ReplyDelete