About Me

My photo
My name is Jeffrey Louis Martinez. Also known as The Buddha Bro! Would you like 2024 to be the year in which you FINALLY started the journey towards ascending into your true Super Heroic Higher Self? Transforming all your Pain Points into your Super Powers! Then creating a new Super Heroic Mindset in which you are being of loving service to yourself and all others! Then please check out The New Age Nerd! It's a daily offering of support, inspiration, and lessons ‘learned along the way.' All mixed together with the perfect geeky dose of ‘MYTHOLOGICAL MAGIC' from our favorite pop cultural passions! With the intention of stepping firmly into our own personal Superhero's Journey, and in the process assisting one another in igniting the Divine BLISS within. So that we may live a life that leaves a lasting Legacy!........ Please keep anything that resonates, and let the rest GO! The Love Light will always be on... Nerdmaste, Jeffrey Louis Martinez

Monday, January 23, 2017

A Six Week Lesson in Life............



First and foremost, I would like to extend a belated yet still very heartfelt HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the readers of The New Age Nerd!!! It is my wish that the start of 2017 has already provided you with many blessings, laughs, love, and a wonderful foundation to manifest the goals and dreams of the year to come!!

For those who thought I had stopped with my numerous musings and lessons learned along my own Hero's Journey, NOT A CHANCE!!!  The truth is that 2016 ended rather challenging for me on many levels.  And I came to the realization that I had been band-aiding some very crucial areas of my life and it was finally time for the coach to take some much needed time to heal, mend, and truly face these issues HEAD ON!  Scary?  HELL YES!  Humbling?  Damn Straight! Positively life altering?  ABSOLUTELY!!

So what exactly did I learn (Re-member) during this six week “time out” of sorts??  Well, how much time have you got?!  LOL  ;0)    Firstly, life is a process of never-ending heart breaking experiences.  As much as I would love to declare that your precious heart will endure this excrutiating process once or twice, I am here to definitely declare that that's simply just not the case.  Our heart is a muscle, and just like the rest of the muscles in our body, it much be broken down to be rebuilt even stronger.  And for anyone who has just started their New Year's resolution of getting back in the gym to whip that body into shape, the process ain't easy, and often quite painful!  The good news is that each and every time our hearts are broken wide open, they develop the ability to be the bearers of more LOVE, compassion, wisdom, vulnerability, and clarity.  So Re-member, what you resist, persists, and what you face slowly fades away.  

Sweeping our true feelings, shortcomings, missteps, emotions, thoughts, and pain under the proverbial rug only exacerbates their affect on our own ability to shine the LIGHT we were all meant here to bring and share with one another.  And thinking that by ‘fixing’ other people's issues you are somehow sidestepping the daunting process of healing your own is delaying the inevitable.  As Gary Zukav states in  his wonderful book “The Seat of the Soul”, “The journey may take many lifetimes, but you will complete it.  It is Impossible not to complete it.  It is not a question of if but when.”  Preach Gary!!  Basically, you can face your demons now or later, but face them you will!  TRUST ME PEEPS........


Another vital soulful connection that resurfaced into my daily consciousness is the importance of a daily spiritual practice.  We have to fight like hell to raise our consciousness and all it takes is a few missteps and unconscious experiences with our fellow soulful 
brothers and sisters to completely allow the illusion of this world to become our reality.  I've said it before but it truly bears repeating!  THE ONLY THING THAT WILL BRING YOU ETERNAL PEACE, CONTENTMENT, AND JOY IN THIS WORLD IS FOLLOWING YOUR PURPOSE.  Anything short of that is a temporary ‘fix’ of what we truly seek.  So I believe it would be in your best interest to stay connected to your Spirit as often as possible in the New Year!!

And most importantly, this six week process helped me truly understand and Re-member that we CANNOT wait until we are completely healed of our illusionary imperfections before sharing our gifts and wisdom with a world that yearns for the gifts inside us all! There were MANY DARK moments during the previous six weeks in which I felt completely broken.  And all alone.  Isolated in what felt like a never-ending tornado worthy of Dorthy's journey on her way to Oz.  Only this wind storm seemed to have no real destination.  Just a continuing amalgam of self doubt and internal, gut wrenching pain.  Much having to do with the constant internal monologue of “Who in the hell do I think I am to be a life coach and spiritual teacher.  I still have so much to Re-member.”  And there are many times that I do not always live the very words I espouse.  I get frustated and depressed.  And ya know what?!  THAT IS COMPLETELY OK!  Even Jesus the Christ had to enter the Garden of Gethsemane to ask God, “Why have you forsaken me?”  

I also Re-membered the most important part of the Hero's Journey.  At the end of his/her quest, he/she brings back all the wisdom and understanding he/she learned along the treacherous way.  And not only the ebullient feelings of his/her triumphs, but also the hard fought lessons for all in the kingdom to learn!  

And that's EXACTLY what I promise to continue doing with The New Age Nerd in 2017and Beyond!  And that is to courageously follow my own Hero's Journey and with as much personal vulnerability I can muster, share all the understanding and hard fought lessons I learn (Re-member) along the way.  I hope you all will continue to share this Journey with me...........

Nerdmaste,

Jeffrey Louis Martinez





No comments:

Post a Comment